Monday, May 3, 2010

Birthday Banner and Food labels

I wish I could take credit for the cake but it was made by a fellow Army wife and was fantastic!!
My son turned 2 a few weeks ago and is SO in love with Elmo and Sesame Street. I originally asked for the Elmo Party cart for my birthday and my husband got me the Sesame Street Friends cart instead and I am so happy with it. SSF is so versitile. I love the icon feature and the numbers and all the little details on the characters and I could go on forever!

The two projects I did for his party were a birthday banner and I made food labels for the goodies to go along with tortilla chips (Slimey Salsa, Count Von Count Cheese dip, and Dorthy goldfish).

I recently got a gypsy and thought I could use it to make the layers of the characters using the layers feature on the gypsy but I was unable to figure it out. So instead I turned to my fellow bloggers for some help and landed on the great video collection on You Tube. I had never used the "paper placement" trick and now I am great at it. What a great trick!! I always wasted so much paper by using the one color at a time one layer at a time method...not anymore!!!

Some up close shots of the characters:


The recipe:
All solid paper: The Paper Company Value Pack
Patterned Paper: The Paper Studio: Back to Basics: precut 4.5X6.5
Oscar and Count Von Count silver metallic is from a scrap pack
I cut everything at 6" any smaller and the details ripped


Hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

  1. Great job with the SSF. My son is too old for stuff like this...

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the Sesame Street Cart. I hope your son had a wonderful birthday!!

    ReplyDelete